National Mushroom Month is a perfect time to shine a bright light on the wonder of functional mushrooms. Mushrooms have been used for food and health-promoting properties in different cultures for thousands of years. There is much scientific research into their many potential benefits including:
- Supports the immune system
- Helps maintain normal inflammatory responses
- Antioxidant protection
- Supports normal liver and kidney function
- Helps support glucose metabolism
- Helps maintain normal histamine levels during seasonal allergies
- Adaptogenic (helps the body manage stress)
The compounds of interest are beta glucans, polysaccharides, glycoproteins, ergosterols, and triterpenes. Mushrooms protect themselves with a range of chemicals. Isolating these chemicals has led to great scientific discoveries in our society!
Holistic Hound has been a fan of these fantastic fungi for many years and have infused our CBD bites and chews with a blend of five certified organic functional mushrooms: Reishi, Shiitake, Mesima, Poria, and Turkey Tail. This blend is also available as a stand alone product that can be added to your dog or cat’s food. They are grown at a certified organic laboratory in Washington State and are non-hallucinogenic and non-toxic.
In addition, our full spectrum hemp oil with 250 mg CBD contains our wildcrafted Chaga extract for immune support. Chaga mushrooms are harvested from birch trees in pristine woodland environments in the US, and are rich in health-promoting properties.
Overview of Holistic Hound’s Functional Mushrooms for Dogs and Cats:
- Reishi: Queen mushroom traditionally known for “calming the spirit.” Helps with normal inflammatory responses. Supports normal detoxification processes and heart function
- Poria: Supports healthy inflammatory responses, assists the immune system
- Shiitake: Assists the immune system, enhances liver functions, supports joint mobility and flexibility
- Mesima: Helps support blood sugar levels within normal ranges, and other benefits
- Turkey Tail: Assists the immune system, helps maintain normal function of the urinary tract
- Chaga: Promotes the body’s innate resistance to pathogens, supports healthy inflammatory responses, helps support blood sugar levels within normal ranges
Check out our products with functional mushrooms to give your pup what they deserve!